Shadow
















Even tho I traveled far

The door to my soul stayed ajar

In the agony of mortal fear

Your music I did not hear

Thru twisting roads in memory lane

I bore my cross in pain


It was a journey of madness

Of anguish born in sadness

I wandered high and low

Recoiled from every blow

Looking for that stolen nectar

In my heart that long-lost scepter

In all those haunted faces

I searched for my oasis

In a way it was in a drunken craze

A cruel hysteria, a blurry haze

Many a time I tried to break

This shadow following me I could not shake

Many a time in the noisy crowd

In the hustle and bustle of the din so loud

I peered behind to see its trace

I could not lose it in any place


It was only when I broke all ties

After the stillness of the shrieking cries

In the depths of those heaving sighs

The imagined sorrow made all look like thousand lies

I suddenly stared in those fiery eyes

All at once I found my goal

The elusive shadow was my soul who carries the TRUTH...